Monday, January 18, 2010

Something About Something About My Major

My major concentration is a self-designed major in film studies. My course work combines production, history, and film analysis classes. Because I am mostly interested in the production of films (specifically directing or writing) the production classes were a bigger part of my focus, but I think that it is important to know as much about film from every possible angle going into making films. Many of the best film auteurs learn from the past and I do not want to let others mistakes and successes go unnoticed. I absolutely love movies and could easily talk about them all day, but I won't take up that much time. My film knowledge comes from a lot of my own study and interest and I have easily seen two or three thousand films and own quite a few. I gained a lot of knowledge from a production class that I took over the last summer from Bill Pivetta and Scott Spears. I learned more about how a film crew works and some of the challenges of working on no budget and with very little time. I have done some film readings, but these are mostly in the analysis area, which is not really my interest. I have had a short film finish as a runner-up in an online contest, but it is not very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment