Monday, February 1, 2010

Thoughts and Such about Informed Consent and Other Things...

I'm honestly not sure how exactly these articles relate to what I'm doing. It's film and historical/cultural criticism and analysis. I am using previous texts and the films themselves and I'm more than fairly certain that there is nothing that should prevent me from doing so. I do not think that I need to worry about putting anybody or anything at risk with this essay, nor do I believe that it could be in any way harmful to anyone. Considering the obvious language barrier that prevents me from talking to the director of the films or the actors (as if I have those kind of connections anyway) I cannot even speak to them under these circumstances. Although I do not think that is a problem because I do not need their input for analysis, even though it would be nice to know a bit about their thoughts. I am not sure what else to type here because I just do not see how these (obviously useful in many cases) laws and rules apply to my situation other than providing a framework from which to do my work under.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you have a good grasp on your topic. I would really like to watch the films so that I could have a better idea and knowledge of his themes and motifs. It is really interesting I just feel that I can't help you that much because I don't know much about the director. But what you have is well written and coherent. :)

    ReplyDelete